双梦镇吧交易吧 关注:189贴子:721
  • 2回复贴,共1

那些尘封已久的旧书信 让抖森和卷福读给你听

只看楼主收藏回复

Letters Live makes us pause and imagine the lives behind letters and the circumstances of their origin. The relationship between the audience, reader and writer on a Letters Live night helps deepen our understanding of these inspiring artefacts of the human condition. They are windows into the love, beauty, pain, and humour of their creators and recipients.
— Benedict Cumberbatch


1楼2016-03-17 11:28回复
    Turing believes machines can think.
    图灵相信机器可以思考。
    Turing lies with men.
    图灵对人们撒谎。(双关语:图灵和男人睡在一起。)
    Therefore machines do not think.
    所以,机器不会思考。


    2楼2016-03-17 11:30
    回复
      Dearest,
      亲爱的:
      I feel certain that I am going mad again.
      我确信我又要发狂了。
      I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times.
      我觉得我们无法再一次经受那种可怕的时刻。
      And I shan't recover this time.
      而且这一次我也不会再痊愈。
      I begin to hear voices, and I can't concentrate.
      我开始听见种种幻声,我的心神无法集中。
      So I am doing what seems the best thing to do.
      因此我打算采取那种看来算是最恰当的行动。
      You have given me the greatest possible happiness.
      你已给予我最大可能的幸福。
      You have been in every way all that anyone could be.
      你在每一个方面都做到了任何人所能做到的一切。
      I don't think two people could have been happier till this terrible disease came.
      我相信,在这可怕的疾病来临之前,没有哪两个人能像我们这样幸福。
      I can't fight any longer.
      我无力再坚持下去了。
      I know that I am spoiling your life, that without me you could work.
      我知道我是在糟蹋你的生命;没有我,你才能工作。
      And you will I know.
      我知道,事情就是如此。
      You see I can't even write this properly. I can't read.
      你看,我连这张字条都写不好。我也看不了书了。
      What I want to say is I owe all the happiness of my life to you.
      我要说的是:我生活中的全部幸福都归功于你。
      You have been entirely patient with me and incredibly good.
      你对我一直十分耐心,你一直都难以置信地善良。
      I want to say that—everybody knows it. If anybody could have saved me it would have been you.
      这一点,我要说——人人也都知道。假如还有任何人能挽救我,那也只有你了。
      Everything has gone from me but the certainty of your goodness.
      现在,一切都离我而去,唯一确定的就是你的善良。
      I can't go on spoiling your life any longer.
      我不能再继续糟蹋你的生命。
      I don't think two people could have been happier than we have been.
      我相信再没有哪两个人像我们曾经那样幸福。
      V.


      4楼2016-03-17 11:31
      回复